Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Screencast Reflection

  • Our group worked very well together to create our screencast. Each of us were active participants in the entire process. It took us a long time to complete the assignment because we were not familiar with the program. We had to meet outside of class to complete our project. I think that more class time would have been useful.
  • The feedback we received was very positive. Overall, everyone who provided feedback felt that they could utilize PowerPoint in their content area after viewing our screencast. I think that the section on how the PowerPoint can be used in the classroom provided the most useful feedback. Everyone who responded had multiple answers for this question. I think a section on how the presentation could be improved would have offered even more insight into how our presentation was received.
  • I found the screencast on Microsoft Excel to be very useful. I am not very familiar with this program and its features. I like how the group set up a mach grade book for their demonstration. The concept of creating a grade book using this program is something that I can definitely use as a future teacher.
  • I think that visual and auditory learners will benefit the most from the use of a screencast. For the visual learners there is the visual component of viewing how to use different programs on the computer. For the auditory learners there are step by step directions that they can listen to.
  • I could use a screencast in my classroom as a special education teacher. This would be a good way to show students how to use different computer programs while at the same time incorporating multiple learning styles. I think that this program would be more beneficial for older students. I feel that younger students might learn from actually using a program rather than watching someone else use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment