Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Website Creation Project

http://erinsclassroom.weebly.com/





I found the weebly site to be very easy to follow. I have never created my own website before. I thought it would be a lot more complicated then it actually was. The hardest part of this assignment was deciding what to put on the slides. In the future when I have my own classroom I could definitely utilize the web development process. I could use it to create a page for my classroom or even teach my students how to create their own pages.
The entire process took a while. The first thing I did was pick a topic for my site. Once I had a topic I was able to decide what the focus of my pages were. It then added different text to each page. Next, I found pictures online and downloaded them to my computer. Then I uploaded each picture to my site. One obstacle that I encountered when making this site was when I had to set links to my pictures. I could not click on the picture to see if the link worked until I published my site. I had to un-publish and republish the site several times to get the links to work. It would have saved a lot of time if I could have checked the links without having to publish my site.
I will not be able to build on this site until I actually have my own classroom. Once I have my own classroom I will have a better idea of what needs to be included on that specific classroom website. I received an "ok" for 508 compliance. I need to make sure all color text can be seen in black and white as well. I also need to change the flicker rate of some of my images. This could be done by picking different images. It also suggests to create a 'skip link' on my page for students with assistive technology to navigate the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment